1. American Psychiatric Association. (2013). Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders (DSM-5®). American Psychiatric Pub.
2. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2021, March 22). Data and Statistics on Children's Mental Health. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. https://www.cdc.gov/childrensmentalhealth/data.html
3. Clark, M. S., Jansen, K. L., & Cloy, J. A. (2012). Treatment of childhood and adolescent depression. American family physician, 86(5), 442-448.
4. Cole, P. M., Luby, J., & Sullivan, M. W. (2008). Emotions and the development of childhood depression: Bridging the gap. Child development perspectives, 2(3), 141-148.
5. Dwyer, J. B., & Bloch, M. H. (2019). Antidepressants for pediatric patients. Current psychiatry, 18(9), 26.
6. Garaigordobil, M., Bernarás, E., Jaureguizar, J., & Machimbarrena, J. M. (2017). Childhood depression: relation to adaptive, clinical and predictor variables. Frontiers in psychology, 8, 821.
7. Kelvin, R. (2016). Depression in children and young people. Paediatrics and Child Health, 26(12), 540-547.
8. Klass, P. (2021, April 1). How to Spot Depression in Young Children. The New York Times. https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/01/well/family/depression-young-children.html
9. Maughan, B., Collishaw, S., & Stringaris, A. (2013). Depression in childhood and adolescence. Journal of the Canadian Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, 22(1), 35.
10. Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research. (2019, June 25). Weigh treatment options with your child's doctor. Mayo Clinic. https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/teen-depression/in-depth/antidepressants/art-20047502
11. Mehler-Wex, C., & Kölch, M. (2008). Depression in children and adolescents. Deutsches Ärzteblatt International, 105(9), 149.
12. Office of the Commissioner. (n.d.). FDA: Don't Leave Childhood Depression Untreated. U.S. Food and Drug Administration. https://www.fda.gov/consumers/consumer-updates/fda-dont-leave-childhood-depression-untreated
13. Selph, S., & McDonagh, M. S. (2019). Depression in children and adolescents: Evaluation and treatment. American family physician, 100(10), 609-617.
14. Son, S. E., & Kirchner, J. T. (2000, November 15). Depression in Children and Adolescents. American Family Physician. https://www.aafp.org/afp/2000/1115/p2297.html
15. Stanford Children's Health. Stanford Children's Health - Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford. (n.d.). https://www.stanfordchildrens.org/en/topic/default?id=major-depression-in-children-90-P02569
16. Yale Medicine. (2019, November 22). Depression in Children and Teens. Yale Medicine. https://www.yalemedicine.org/conditions/depression-in-children-and-teens